FAÇADE SENIOR DESIGNER
Date posted: February 2, 2022
- Provide external façade shop drawings that include design details satisfying architectural requirements, structural requirements and weather tightness.
- Provide die or extrusion drawings.
- Provide fabrication drawings and material take-offs.
- Delegate the work and assist the team to ensure that all project requirements are properly addressed.
- Generate RFI (Request for Information) documents to be issued to the client to avoid incorrect information.
- Ensure that all required deliverables are satisfactorily provided and submitted to client.
- Prepare or review important correspondences prepared by the team in case of major design issues.
- Review curtain wall specifications and ensure that all relevant and correct information pertaining to the project are properly incorporated.
- Assist in entitlements and claims by identifying and substantiating the intended claims or variation orders.
- Follow up with the flow of information: from the Architect, Client, QS Client (when applicable), Project Structural Engineers (when applicable), and ALT team members in general.
- With the available information from the architectural drawings, building code and building requirements, prepare sketches or the concept/intent for the curtain wall design of the typical wall using an applicable system.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, prepare design details that are functional and that target the following criteria: Quantity, Re-glaze and deglaze, Tolerances, Weather tightness, Structural adequacy, Movements, Installation considerations, Thermal performances
- Review drawings completed by the team.
- Supervises the preparations of shop drawings, die drawings, fabrication drawings, material take-offs, QA/QC process and other tasks to complete the deliverables.
- Coordinate with or inform the Project Manager of any problems that may arise while developing the system.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager or with the individuals involved in the project, such as Clients or Client Representatives, ALT design team, etc. when requesting the necessary information needed during the phase of works.
- Review all drawings prepared by the team.
- As instructed by the Project Manager, attend coordination meetings whenever needed.
- Must be able to stay late in the office to finish unfinished works to satisfy scheduled due submittals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
- At least 6 years and above experience in the curtain wall industry
- Can do sketches (AutoCad or by hand) for design façade details
- Has knowledge in AutoCad 2D/3D
- Knowledge in Revit and/or Rhino is an advantage
- Preference on knowledge in using Inventor software for the production of fabrication drawings
- Preference on knowledge in using Revit software use for the production of shop drawings and fabrication drawings
- Has good quality of work
- Understand the requirements of the functional, structural and architectural design intent of the façade walls
- Knows how to manage the task of works assigned
- Can monitor progress of works
- Can handle multiple tasks of works as required by the General Manager and Project Manager and can handle pressure with or without supervision
- Can monitor projects with less supervision
- Has good communication skills (in English)